Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Scenester Douchetard of the Week: Jeremy Freer


Jeremy Freer, it must have been tough for you to lead a band that’s named after yourself. Sure, it might be easy to replace a drummer or a guitarist. Even easier to replace a bassist. Unfortunately, you reached a point where you could no longer tolerate yourself. Your arrogance, your cattiness, your penchant for starting drama, you just couldn’t take any more of your own shit. After a long and exhaustive search, you just couldn’t find anyone as awesome as yourself to take your place, so you just ended the band. I sure hope you taught yourself an important lesson about interpersonal dynamics.


You seem to be mellowing with age, Jeremy. Back in the day you really knew how to feud with the other scenesters. When Ben Blackwell talked shit about your band on his blog, you chose not to sucker punch him at the Magic Stick. That would’ve have been so derivative. So instead, you kissed him on the mouth. It was a brilliant tactical move, because as everyone knows, Ben Blackwell hates nothing more than cooties.


Jeremy Freer, for all these reasons and more, you are Broke in Detroit’s Scenester Douchetard of the Week.


8 comments:

  1. one time (awesome fest) this kid mean-eyed me all night, circling. after i left, he goes up to metro and starts talking shit. this made me laugh

    -jr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, he just asked me if he saw me working at CVS....which if you think about it, is akin to asking a good old boy in Misissippi if they're a homo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, ur talking about a different..just as lame instance

    -jr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've kissed Jeremy on the mouth before. He has magic in his teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Show me your teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This guy deserves it for the month at the very least, although I wouldn't mind seeing him in the running for the annual award. It's too bad Freer doesn't sell toilet paper cause I would buy every roll. Just so there isn't any confusion I would like it to be known that this guy is "shit" not "the shit" as he seems to think. Awesome selection Orville, more like this and you have a Douchetards of Detroit Calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One- Freer was a decent band with an album that was completely bipolar within it's tracks. But they are broken up like you said. It's in the past, who the fuck cares.
    Honestly I think the fact you shit talk people on your web diary really shows your (and I quote) "Your arrogance, your cattiness, your penchant for starting drama". I bet the sleepovers you and your little girlfriends have are REALLY interesting if this is what you talk about in your blog!
    This is why I don't live in Michigan. Ya'll crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It took a whole year for someone to defend Jeremy Freer. Of all the people I've poked fun at, I think this one has made the most real life enemies.

    I never said he made bad music.

    Actually my girlfriends and I like to make prank phone calls and play truth or dare during our sleepovers, thank you very much.

    You left Michigan because you called the Psychic Friends Network, and they told you that Jeremy Freer was going to be ridiculed? Really?

    ReplyDelete