Wednesday, May 30, 2012

More Links to Things That You've Already Read

Several months ago I made a post about a new blog that mocks Detroit hipsters. Then it wasn't updated for several months, and I forgot about it. Then it came back for a little while. Here's a little nugget of gold that I wish I had seen earlier:
"Now those of you who are reading this post of mine may be wondering just who the hell I am, and what gives me the right to take such a haughty opinion of others.  Simply, I am an anonymous alter-ego.  A faceless outlet for someone who prefers to remain in the shadows and sling insults from the peanut gallery in order to puncture certain egos and inflated heads when seemingly no one else has the guts or the sense to, through irresponsible and inflammatory offhanded ranting.  Cowardly?  Perhaps.  Hypocritical?  Maybe.

But am I not dead-on target?"
The first rule of Night Market is "You do not talk about Night Market". Then maybe the second rule should be "Don't invite someone from the Detroit News to do a story about Night Market". I guess it must be hard to abide by the second rule if your main goal is to make people jealous with your "secretive, insider-y air".

One more reason not to hang out in downtown Royal Oak.

Maybe Brett Callwood is more obsessed with Amy Gore than I am.

The Tashmoo Biergarten was reopened for one weekend and I missed it. Now when will I be able to combine beer and picnic tables?

No comments:

Post a Comment